Srishti is a warm and empathic Clinical Psychologist, who is passionate about delivering the best care to her clients. She strongly believes in working alongside her clients to understand their goals and help them develop ways to obtain a more fulfilling life.
Srishti believes in tailoring therapy to meet a client’s needs by adopting a range of therapeutic approaches. She has a background in clinical research, which combined with her postgraduate training, informs her evidence-based approach to therapy.
Srishti has many years of clinical experience and has trained in both inpatient and outpatient psychology settings, including at the University of New South Wales Psychology Clinic, the Sydney Children’s Hospital and the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital. In addition to her current role in private practice, Srishti is concurrently working at a research and treatment clinic that delivers the most up-to-date treatments for individuals affected by posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and prolonged grief.
Areas of Expertise
Srishti has a strong interest in supporting adolescents and adults who are experiencing difficulties with:
- A range of anxiety disorders, including excessive worry, OCD, social and performance anxiety, phobias and panic attacks
- Depression, low mood and difficulties related to grief and loss
- Trauma from physical or sexual assaults, motor vehicle accidents, or other life-threatening incidents
- Adjustment disorders in response to major life changes, such as injuries, relationship loss or job loss
- Eating difficulties, including restricted eating, binge eating, body image issues
- Stress and burnout in the context of work, home or studies
- Insomnia and sleep-related problems
Srishti has also worked closely with many emergency service responders (police, paramedics and firefighters) as well as defence personnel who have experienced trauma in the context of their duties.
Srishti uses evidence-based treatments to support clients to meet their needs. She predominantly uses Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), as it is one of the most well-researched and effective therapies for a range of psychological difficulties and is considered a front-line treatment for anxiety disorders, depression, PTSD and eating concerns.
Srishti has also trained in a number of other treatment modalities that complement CBT, including:
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Schema therapy
- Mindfulness-based therapies
Srishti has completed extensive undergraduate and postgraduate training in Psychology, including a Bachelor of Psychology with Honours (First Class) and a Masters of Clinical Psychology (with Excellence), both from the University of New South Wales.
She is a registered Clinical Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia and is a member of the Australian Clinical Psychology Association (ACPA).
Srishti is also a registered provider with the NSW State Insurance Regulatory Authority and can see clients under an approved Work Cover claim.